mobile='yes'

Thursday, November 17, 2011

math

has never been a strength and i realised today just how bad my simple arithmetic is.

was gifted with some pu er tea and couldn't wait to break into the stash. 

however, despite reading the crystal clear instructions...

it failed to register that i should use only half the 8g packet at a time.

so i somehow ended up making over 10 cups of tea. it was like pu er on steroids! i kept brewing, and the tea remained nice and dark. so i poured and poured, and filled every possible container with tea and the leaves were still going strong. ended up drinking close to a litre of pu er, and promptly giving myself the most ghastly tummy ache. and i still had cups and cups left over :( oh how i occasionally loathe my waste not want not upbringing where i can't bring myself to throw anything away (hence my subsistence on leftovers and expired food). will be the first to admit that this compulsion to finish everything borders on pathological.

the only upside, however, is that this storm in a tea cup made me resume communication with the manfriend. had gone all huffy on him earlier in the day over something silly and was being a baby by refusing to reply his texts. but when i found myself bloated and with a windowsill full of tea, the only person i could think of calling was him. because he's bound to have a solution. he always has a solution! and he makes my problems go away (that's his job description, mine's to conjure mini-situations that require fixing). tail between my legs, i meekly emailed him the photos and asked what i should do with all the tea. and he told me what i wanted to hear: the sky won't fall if you pour the lot down the sink, so do just that then get ready for your night out.

awww :)

this is why he's the voice of reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment