mobile='yes'

Monday, January 2, 2012

happy 2012

hello hello :) how was your new year's? trust 2012 is off to a promising start. 

in a wee bit of a pickle at the moment. yet again my hedonism has gotten the better of me and, um, this eurotrip ends 48h before my exams begin. i.e. return to my flat just before i need to take the exam i was supposed to spend the past four weeks revising for. hmm. people say insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly while expecting a different outcome, and mind you, it was possible to holiday till the very last minute then still scrape through an open book exam. no magic, just speed-writing and sticky tabs in the wonderful set of notes acquired from generous seniors. 

but now, oh now, it's a completely different ballgame because i need to memorise things all over again. and rightly so! wouldn't want my doctor to have to run something by dr. google during a consultation. would you? so, uh, i tell myself that for the finals in june (or is it may? i forget) i will chain myself to my desk, steadfastly ignoring the siren calls of easyjet and my student railcard. 

in happier news, i do believe we're getting married in june. been subconsciously avoiding the use of the M word on this blog. since getting engaged in may, it's been this big happy blur on the horizon but when the clock struck 12 two days ago, it hit me like a freight train that this happy blur comes into focus this year. which was a sobering thought amidst the unregulated, free-for-all firework display by the big church in reykjavik.

2 comments:

  1. you're getting married?! what great news! Congratulations!!!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Z, happy new year :) many thanks! it's an exciting time. when do you move into your place? liking the home improvement photos.

    ReplyDelete