mobile='yes'

Monday, September 5, 2016

cliveden


funny story here - after graduation my folks wanted to do a roadtrip, presumably to the cotswolds. so after telling everyone i was going to the cotswolds, imagine my disappointment when i learnt father dearest balked at the 3h drive from london, decided 45min drive to maidenhead was sufficiently heroic and off we went. didn't have the heart to tel them that we were really only 40min from my flat and it didn't quite count as a staycation. but as the adult child i got the pull out bed which my father gallantly slept on and i got the big bed. perks of being the first born :) also, he couldn't have chosen a prettier place to stay. grand old house with lots of good walks and pretty towns near by. 

do think their ulterior motive was to get me to exercise and we explored the grounds from morning to night, or it felt like that but i do remember having a long nap every afternoon and they were sweet not to wake me at 3am when they woke to reply emails / work.











No comments:

Post a Comment